Thursday 29 May 2008

Alliance and Leicester

I opened an Alliance and Leicester account last year, with a view to switching from First Direct, and I've been reasonably satisfied, but not satisfied enough to cancel my First Direct account!

The most unsatisfactory thing about A&L is the amount of time they take to deal with complaints. The complaint I made last summer still hasn't been resolved! Part of the complaint relates to something that would be funny if it wan't so inconvenient.

On 13 April last year I phoned A&L to make a payment to my A&L credit card account. But when my next bill came the payment hadn't gone through. Within a few weeks my credit card account was suspended (and I've never been able to get the suspension lifted!) The penny (or I should say the £524) finally dropped last month, when I got a credit card bill stating I was £524 in credit. The guy I spoke to last year had put the transaction through for 13 April 2008!

No comments: